Privacy & Data Security
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks outlined below that are designed for your benefit.
We process and retain your personal information for certain legitimate Interests, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud by verifying your identity
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our websites, email and catalogue communications
- To provide postal, telephone and email communications which we think will be of interest to you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
The information we gather on our site falls into two categories: (1) personal information you supply when you become a customer, order, complete a survey, post in a discussion forum, post news articles, or provide your email address, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
- Personally identifiable information. To use certain features on our site, we ask you to become a registered user. When you do this, we collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, user name and password. We may also ask you for personal information when you place an order for our products or when we ask for your help to complete a survey. We use this information to process your order, your request or to help improve our site. When personally identifiable information is collected, you will know because you will have to fill out a form on our site and this is clearly stated.
- Aggregate information. When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity to help us mange the performance of the site for a better shopping experience.
All services and goods provided to Wellform Limited customers are being supplied by Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd. Your debit or credit card will be charged under the name of Wellform Limited and any issues or queries relating to such charges should be directed to Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd which remains the responsible party for any issues or disputes. You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org , you can also call us on 0203 455 7783. Alternatively you can contact us by post at Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd, DRMG House, Cremers Road, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 3US.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may contact you with our latest offers and/or promotions that we think might interest you, as part of our market research, either by mail, telephone or e-mail.
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits
we can offer, so that you will be notified of our latest deals, offers and promotions. We use the information we collect about you to tailor the content you receive and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
In addition, the personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collection, database verification and enhancement.
We may also share your details with carefully selected and trusted partners whose product or services we think might interest you, either directly or through a data co-operative. We only share your details with our trusted partners whom will only contact you via postal communications and we never share email or telephone contact information for marketing communication purposes. You have the right to object to your information being shared with our partners and if you wish to do so please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their consumers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products. They are just as protective as we are regarding the security and privacy of your data and adhere to the latest standard and regulations to prevent the loss or unauthorised use.
We currently share your data with the following Data Co-operative:
- Abacus Alliance – https://www.epsilonabacus.com/
Other trusted partners that we may share your data with where we think they offer a product or service that may be of interest to you, but are not limited to, one of the following categories:
- Food & Wine
- Arts & Culture
- Overseas Aid
- Public Service & Military
- Health & Wellbeing
- Outdoor activities
- Home interiors
- Insurance, home, car, pet, personal
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 020 3455 7898, write to us at our address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may randomly monitor and record you calls to us because this helps us to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of services and maintain quality standards. We may also pass information about you to agents, services providers and/ or employees to carry out services using your data.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates that ensure your data is encrypted when transmitted over the Internet. We have upgraded our site to ensure that all pages are secure in line with the latest best practise. When you are in the secure section of the site, a padlock symbol appears in your browser. In most web browsers this appears to the right or left of the address bar at the top depending upon the web browser you are using.
‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ are additional security measures for customers using payment cards from Visa and MasterCard.We also provide the option for you to pay securely using PayPal. This allows you to confirm your identity before purchase as a protection from unauthorised use of your credit or debit card when shopping online. For more details, please visit Visa, MasterCard or PayPal online or contact your card issuer.
We strongly recommend to keep your password safe and not to divulge your password anyone else under any circumstances. Please remember to log out of your session at the end and to close down the session. This is especially important if you are using a shared computer in a internet café or library.
We use a SSL certification on our website to ensure that data is transferred securely.
Our payment page is hosted by a leading payment provider checkout.com and we do not hold your card details on our servers. For more detail, please visit their website at www.checkout.com
OPTING OUT FROM EMAIL, TRUSTED PARTNERS AND CATALOGUES
If you wish to opt out from receiving email, telephone and postal communications from us or if you do not want us to share your Personal Data with any of our trusted partners then please use one of the methods listed below.
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to offer you the best possible experience when you shop with us. You can update your preferences via one of the following:
- Send an email titled ‘opt out’ to email@example.com and let us know which service you’d like to unsubscribe from – choose from catalogue, email and/or trusted partner sharing.
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email we send – only applies for our Wellform emails
- Ticking the relevant box located at the bottom of the order form you have received from us and then send the order form back to us
- Call our compliance line 020 3455 7899
- Write a letter detailing your request and which activity you wish to opt out from to:
Wellform Limited Data Protection Officer,
Cremers Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3US
Should you wish to correct any information or preference we currently have for you then you can use any of the relevant procedures as listed above to update us with your wishes at any time.
For your easy accessibility our websites may include links to sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by our trusted partners. Upon following a link to such trusted partner site, you shall review and agree to that site’s rules of use before using such site as we have no control over the content of that site and cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices or content of such trusted partner sites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website.
We also allow selected third parties to place cookies when you visit our site. Third party cookies may be left by selected companies who participate with us in marketing programmes. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site and to also personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/
Below are links to the companies that we currently allow trusted partner cookies on our website:
- Google Analytics (for analysing visitor and transactional behaviour): https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/#toc-analytics
- Live support (live web chat services): https://www.zopim.com/
- Dotmailer (email and presentation) https://www.dotmailer.com
BEHAVIOURAL AND TARGETED ADVERTISING USING COOKIES
The information that we collect and use for behavioural advertising is not personal information and it cannot be used to identify you. It will not contain your name, home address, phone number or any other piece of personally identifiable information.
We want to make sure that we only contact you with content that you will find relevant and interesting. We do this by using online behavioural advertising (or interest based advertising). In order for it to work we collect information about your browsing activity using cookies. These cookies pass back to us your browsing information which then allows us to determine what content is most useful and relevant to be shown to you.
We anonymise your email addresses to keep your data more secure. The email addresses are scrambled before being utilised to ensure nobody else can gain access to your email address. This enables us to offer our customers the best possible online user experience and equally allows us to improve the relevancy of our advertising. This allows us to provide you with more of the content you want to see based on your browsing behaviour and you should not be worried about this as it is a very safe and transparent process.
We do share information with a number of trusted partners such as (Google & Facebook) to enable us to deliver targeted advertising to you.
If you would prefer not to receive this type of advertising, then we’ve made it easy for you to opt out, but it is important to understand that this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using the internet. It just means that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be tailored to you and your interests and therefore may be less relevant to you.
There are some great websites that are impartial and can offer you more information and help you to make informed choices. To opt-out of all behavioural advertising, please follow these 5 tips: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/five-top-tips
To opt-out of a particular provider of behavioural [and contextual] advertising – Click on this link: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices You can also manage your privacy within the web browser that you are using. Many web browsers also have a ‘private browsing’ mode as well.
If you should have any further questions or queries relating to the use or storage of your Personal data, then please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Registered in England Number 07914179